In this week’s news:
- Fair work Australia Has rejected Transport Workers’ Union’s attempts to limit outsourcing by Qantas
- Fair Wrk Australia has started conducting hearings in Gladstone to try and resolve a wage dispute between tug boat operators and the unions.
- Hundreds of workers at Adelaide shipbuilders ASC are now back at work after going on a forty eight hour strike.
- In Victoria, teachers’ union members have voted unanimously to take strike action across the state next month.
- The Queensland Council of Unions has accused the State Government of playing ‘Russian roulette’ with public servants’ livelihoods.
- Report from International Day of the world’s Indigenous Peoples.